Breakaway Academy provides its student-athletes with serious, high-quality training on a daily basis. This training regimen is rigorous by design, intended to challenge our student-athletes not only physically, but also mentally and emotionally. We strive to develop the determination and mental toughness in our student-athletes to overcome any obstacle help provide the grit that gives them a competitive advantage.
Results on the ice.
At Breakaway Academy our athletic program features:
- Skating 5 days a week.
- Focus on improving individual hockey skills.
- Elite Coaching Staff that understands development.
- A specific theme each day to address fundamental hockey skills that need to be mastered.
- 9 months of skill building. Our hockey training focuses on developing individual skills and hockey IQ.
- Each training day with a specific focus.
- Mondays: Passing/Shooting in game situations.
- Tuesdays: Small Area Competition. Wednesdays: Skating (we have a skating coach).
- Thursdays: Stick Skills (Shooting, passing, stick handling skills and strategies).
- Fridays: Video session before going on ice and focusing on a dynamic skill.
- 20 players(alumni) with D1 scholarships. Several of our players(alumni) have represented USA Hockey in International Competitions. 5 NHL Draft Picks.