A BOLD NEW STEP
ONTO THE SOCCER FIELD
Our premier soccer training is designed for promising young players in grades 5 through 8 who are committed to developing on the soccer field, in the classroom, and life.
We offer daily soccer training and development as part of our regular school day to help driven players reach their full potential.
Specializing in elite soccer training
- Create aware and intelligent soccer players in challenging natural training situations.
- Focus on significant technical touches through repetitive work on the ball.
- Offer a technique-driven focus for each individual player.
- Enhance the student-athlete’s knowledge of the game.
- Push and enforce competitive mindsets in a safe, fun, developmental setting.
- Work on understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each player and understanding the player’s personalities.
- Create consistent daily training habits.
- Provide mentoring and build a relationship with the student-athletes.
- Give feedback to the players consistently and thoroughly to help identify areas of opportunity.
Meet Tommy Sivongsay
Our soccer training program is led by Tommy Sivongsay, an experienced and well-respected coach in the Minnesota soccer community. Tommy’s extensive knowledge, ability to help players develop their individual skills, and passion for the game make him the perfect fit to launch a premier soccer training program at Breakaway Academy.
Tommy began his coaching career in 2006 after four years as a collegiate soccer player. He has spent the last 11 years and counting coaching boys high school soccer at the varsity and JV levels. Most recently, Tommy served as the Girls Juniors Director and Pre-ECNL Coach as well as the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) Coaching Assistant at Minnesota Thunder Academy – a Minnesota soccer icon. Tommy holds a USSF D License. Read More…
As director of soccer operations, Tommy is responsible for leading and developing the training program. He is joined by a team of elite instructors who are equally committed to the growth of each player, not only as soccer players but as exceptional students and people of character.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
See what players and parents say about Tommy Sivongsay’s ability to coach and connect with soccer athletes.
“Tommy is an amazing coach! He was always there for people when they needed it, and his feedback was so helpful. Tommy motivated and pushed me to a place I thought I couldn’t get to AND help me make the ECNL team. His coaching skills can help so many people and make sure they stick on the right path to succeed in soccer.”
“We had the privilege of having Tommy coach our daughter in soccer for years. He encompasses the perfect combination of foundational soccer skills taught in a age appropriate motivating manner. He truly knows how to make each player work and perform to their highest level. He inspires his players to keep working harder in an fun filled environment. Coaching kids is a natural skill for Tommy that we were so lucky to be a part of.”